Rib Eye with Ensalada Criolla
2 - 3 Serves
- 1 Bone Rib Eye
- 1/2 White Onion
- 2 Truss Tomatoes, deseeded and finely diced
- 3 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Garlic clove, crushed
- 1 Large Red Capsicum
- 1/4 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 1 Bunch Fresh Parsley, leaves picked and roughly chopped
- Olive Oil
- Remove the meat from the fridge and rub both sides with olive oil. Season the meat on both sides with salt and set aside to allow the steak to come to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, remove the seeds from the tomato and finely dice. Finely dice the red capsicum, the onion and crush the garlic (I use a zester). Finely chop the parsley Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add ¼ of a cup of olive oil and 2-3 tbsp of the red wine vinegar and stir the mixture together.
- To cook the steak, heat the Grill on your BBQ to High then turn down to medium heat. Cook the steak for between 4-6 minutes on each side for medium rare depending on thickness then remove and allow to rest for 10 minutes somewhere warm.