Chicken Yakitori Skewers
- 8 boneless Chicken thigh fillets, cut into slices widthways
- 1 bunch of shallots (spring onions), trimmed and sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 4 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 inch Ginger, finely grated
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 4 tbsp red wine
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- In a bowl, combine the garlic, ginger, soy sauce, red wine, brown sugar, and vinegar and add the sliced chicken pieces and toss through together. Cover and allow to marinade for at least 20 minutes in the fridge.
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in a bowl of water for 20 minutes
- Remove the chicken from the fridge and thread the chicken onto the skewers, alternating with the sliced spring onions. Keep the marinade aside.
- Over a medium grill on the BBQ cook the chicken, turning regularly and brush with the reserved marinade while cooking.
- Serve as a light entrée with a lightly chilled glass of the BDX.