Burrata with Basil, Beets & Bread
2 - 3 Serves
- 1 Burrata
- 750g Mixed tomatoes
- 1 pack Pickled baby beetroots
- 1 Sourdough loaf
- Bunch Basil leaves
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Small food processor & ice cubes
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Tear the sourdough into chunks, toss with olive oil and season with salt & pepper. Bake in the oven until golden and crunchy for 12-15mins.
- Pick the basil leaves and blanch in boiling water for 30 seconds. Drain & refresh the leaves on ice. Squeeze all of the water off the basil leaves and transfer them to a food processor. Blitz the leaves gradually adding in around 100ml olive oil for at least 1 minute. Season with a little salt. (Optional: using a chux, filter the oil to remove any residual basil leaves. You will be left with a beautifully vibrant oil that will keep in the fridge).
- Slice the tomatoes how you like. Slice some lengthways, some into quarters, some into rounds. Quarter the beetroots.
- Scatter the tomatoes onto a plate, add the beetroots and crunchy sourdough. Season with salt and pepper then gently place the Burrata onto the centre of the plate on top of the tomatoes. Drizzle the basil oil over the top and over the tomatoes.